(View Original Web?)

HIBURAN > HUMOR SHARE

Kumpulan HOAX lucu (English)

<<  < (Page 3 of 3)
Drivers Licence on the Internet

Summary:
Email claims that Internet users can view anyone's Driver's License details by visiting a specified website and entering a name, city and state into a search form

This is serious people... I just deleted mine!!!

This is upsetting but I thought I should pass it along. Check your drivers license. Now you can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet, including your own! I just searched for mine and there it was.. .. picture and all!! Thanks Homeland Security! Where are our rights?

I definitely removed mine. I suggest you do the same. . .

Go to the web site and check it out. Just enter your name, city and state to see if yours is on file. After your license comes on the screen, click the box marked "Please Remove". This will remove it from public viewing, but not from law enforcement. http://www.license.shorturl.com/

Commentary:
The email forward included above is simply the bait for a classic "gotcha" joke and should not be taken seriously. You cannot actually view drivers licence information on the site by entering a name, city and state into the website mentioned in the message. Visitors who do enter the requested details eventually arrive at a "results" page that displays a fake driver's licence that includes an amusing image in place of the usual licence holder's photograph. It does not matter what data is entered into the "search", as the end result will be the same. Even completely fabricated information will generate an identical result.

The site claims that the information entered is not collected and I have no reason to doubt this claim. The following statement is included on the "results" page:

Privacy Policy: This site did not collect the name you entered. It was used only to simulate the joke search and generate the image above.

The website is actually rather clever and, since no real driver's licence information is revealed, it does not compromise the privacy of licence holders in any way. Unfortunately, many people are forwarding the message onward without bothering to go to the site and check it out. Seemingly, many recipients are taking the email at face value and actually believe the information it contains to be true. These days there are a plethora of real threats to our privacy so obscuring the truth by perpetrating false invasion of privacy stories is less than desirable.

Having said that, taken in context, the site represents an enjoyable prank. If you have a minute, you might like to visit the site mentioned and enter some data in order to test the joke for yourself. As stated above, the name you enter does not need to be real. If you are concerned about providing your name on the site, just invent one. The end result will be the same.

An earlier version:
You need to check this out everybody!!!!

Invasion Of Privacy!!!
I just found this.
You can see anyone's Driver's License on the Internet - including your own! I just searched for mine and there it was.. .picture, address and all! Maybe we should start up a petition or something protesting this.

What do you think? Go to the website and check it out. It's unbelievable!!!
Just enter your name, City and state to see if yours is on file.
CLICK HERE----->http://www.license.shorturl.com/
Naked Girl Window Washer Scam

Summary:
Email warns recipients of a new scam in which a naked woman distracts drivers while an accomplice steals items from the vehicle

Subject: New Scam

This new scam is being pulled mainly on older men. What happens is that when you stop for a red light a young, nude woman comes up and pretends to be washing your windshield. While she is doing this another person opens your back door and steals anything in the car. They are very good at this.

They got me 7 times Friday and 5 times Saturday. I wasn't able to find them on Sunday.

Commentary:
I have thoroughly researched this supposed scam. For the last few days I have driven around town for several hours at a time, very slowly with the back doors of the car unlocked. To give any scammers ample opportunity to perpetrate their heinous deeds, I even kept the vehicle stationary through several traffic light cycles at a lot of intersections. Unfortunately, it appears that this scam is just another urban myth (sigh). However, the exercise did allow me to expand my vocabulary somewhat. Who would have thought that old ladies driving Volvos would use that sort of language
Quote from: Ryan_saint on June 28, 2010, 11:53:40 AM
Digital Camera for Sale

Summary:
Email claims to be advertising a digital camera for sale

waw ...
This was shocking!
apparently the photographer take a picture so real final
so that the photographer calamity strikes
It is very professional
:D

Check your refrigerator!

<<  < (Page 3 of 3)

Navigation

Back Sub-Forum

MS-Room.COM Style modify by Danny, Host on moresharehosting.com | TERM OF SERVICE/DMCA/PRIVACY POLICY AGREEMENT
Sitemap: Mobile Web | AMP | Topics | Chord Guitar Indonesia